Volunteer As A Group
COVID-19 Volunteer Update: Given the current climate, our volunteer programs are limited. At this time, we are welcoming back our repeat regular volunteers. These volunteers have been previously oriented, trained and have worked with us on consistent basis during the past 12-24 months. If you are an individual who is able to make a long-term consistent commitment to volunteering at either our ReStore or out on our construction site, 1:1 virtual orientation can be scheduled. Participation in the virtual orientation is required. All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Please contact Molly Pietrantonio, Volunteer Program Manager, for more information email@example.com.
Volunteering on a Habitat build site is a fun and exciting hands-on opportunity for individuals of all skill levels! There is no construction experience required and Habitat provides all of the necessary equipment and materials for a successful day! Construction related projects could include: carpentry, painting, siding, flooring, finish work and much more! As a construction volunteer you’ll learn new skills or improve current ones, meet some terrific people and leave at the end of the day knowing that you’ve helped build a safe, decent and affordable home for a local family or Veteran.
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to participate at a construction site.
- Build site opportunities are available Wednesday-Saturday and the day runs from 8AM-4PM. Volunteers are asked to commit to the full 8AM-4PM day.
Our ReStores sell donated new and gently used home furnishings and building materials, and are open to the public! The proceeds from all items sold at ReStore go to funding Habitat's mission to build homes, community, and hope. In FY2017, the Habitat for Humanity - MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore generated over $968,856. This total represents more than the funds needed to build at least two affordable homes per year, while also keeping over 600 tons of usable materials out of local landfills! Volunteer tasks at ReStore consist of donations processing, customer service and sales floor merchandising. You don’t have to lift a hammer to help! From cleaning, testing, and pricing donations, to helping happy customers out to their cars with their purchases, volunteers help us do it all!
- Our two ReStores are located at 640 Lincoln Street, Suite 100 in Worcester and 310 Pond Street in Ashland. Volunteers shifts run from 9:30AM-1:30PM and 1PM-5PM Tuesday-Saturday in Worcester, and in Ashland, from Thursday - Saturday. Register to volunteer for a shift today!
- All those looking to volunteer at ReStore must participate in a volunteer orientation session.
- ReStore can host volunteers aged 14 & 15 as long as they volunteer with a parent or legal guardian present. Once a volunteer is 16 years of age they can volunteer independently at the ReStore.