We are currently not accepting Home Repair interest forms or applications. Please check back for updates on this program.
• Karen S., Habitat Home Repair Recipient: "I have an old house, and the porch was such a mess. Since Habitat repaired it, I sit on my porch almost every day just enjoying it. It was an above and beyond job, and they were so nice, too. It makes me want to do more to improve my house and to keep up with the porch. It was getting a little dangerous. It’s definitely safer. I appreciate the work."
Our Home Repair program is an outreach initiative that seeks to provide a wide range of opportunities for low to moderate income homeowners, including Veterans, who are struggling to maintain their homes due to age, disability, or family circumstances.
This program allows us to partner with families to help them reclaim their homes with pride and dignity, focusing on exterior home repairs to address health, life and safety/code issues. The program allows families to stay in the home where they live without being disrupted by the uncertainty, trauma, and expense of moving.
Each repair consists of an interior and/or exterior project. This is intended to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues, or code violations. Scope of Work, includes but is not limited to:
- Roof repairs and replacement
- Renovations & upgrades to satisfy handicap accessibility & ADA requirements such as ramps, repairs to outdoor stairs.
- Deck repair or replacement
Like our Home Build projects, home repairs are a hand up – not a hand out. Qualifying families who are selected must be:
- Homeowners living within our service area
- Pay for their repairs based on their income
- Living within 30-80% of the median income of their county (Middlesex or Worcester)
- Current on their mortgage, property taxes, and insurance
- Willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester
A big thank you to our Home Repair contributor!
We want to thank The Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts for awarding us a $30,000 grant. This grant has allowed us to purchase a 14’ box truck to help expand and better serve local families through our Home Repair program! Through the Home Repair program, more local low-to-moderate income homeowner families and veterans will be able to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity. The program focuses on exterior home repairs to address health, life and safety/code issues such as roof repairs or replacement, renovations to improve handicap accessibility, and deck repairs or replacement.