Volunteer As An Individual
Volunteering on a Habitat build site is a fun and exciting hands-on opportunity for individuals of all skill levels! There is no construction experience required and Habitat provides all of the necessary equipment and materials for a successful day! Construction related projects could include: carpentry, painting, siding, flooring, finish work and much more! As a construction volunteer you’ll learn new skills or improve current ones, meet some terrific people and leave at the end of the day knowing that you’ve helped build a safe, decent and affordable home for a local family or Veteran.
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to participate at a construction site.
- Build site opportunities are available Wednesday-Saturday and the day runs from 8AM-4PM. Volunteers are asked to commit to the full 8AM-4PM day.
- Register to volunteer for a shift today!
Our ReStores sell donated new and gently used home furnishings and building materials, and are open to the public! The proceeds from all items sold at ReStore go to funding Habitat's mission to build homes, communities, and hope. In FY2017, the Habitat for Humanity - MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore generated over $968,856 - we raise more than a house per year, while also keeping over 600 tons of usable materials out of local landfills! Volunteer tasks at ReStore consist of donations processing, customer service and sales floor merchandising. You don’t have to lift a hammer to help! From cleaning, testing, and pricing donations, to helping happy customers out to their cars with their purchases, volunteers help us do it all!
- Our two ReStores are located at 640 Lincoln Street, Suite 100 in Worcester and 310 Pond Street in Ashland. Volunteers shifts run from 9:30AM-1:30PM and 1PM-5PM Tuesday-Saturday in Worcester, and in Ashland, from Thursday - Saturday. Register to volunteer for a shift today!
- All those looking to volunteer at ReStore must participate in a volunteer orientation session. Sign up to attend an orientation by clicking on the sign up now button below.
- ReStore can host volunteers aged 14 & 15 as long as they volunteer with a parent or legal guardian present. Once a volunteer is 16 years of age they can volunteer independently at the ReStore.
While building on site and volunteering at ReStore are important parts of the work that we do here at Habitat for Humanity - MetroWest/Greater Worcester, there are so many other volunteer opportunities available! Fundraising, event planning, grant writing, data entry, marketing/public relations, Home Repair program, Operation Playhouse program, and more are all integral parts of strengthening our mission of buildings homes, communities, and hope.
- Please share your skills and talents with us! Reach out to Molly, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.