are you a veteran or a military family that would like to RECEIVE a playhouse through our operation playhouse program? if so, continue reading to learn about the requirements:
- The veteran must have been generally or honorably discharged, or still on active duty.
- You must have at least one child or grandchild between the ages of 2-12.
- You must live in New England. (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont)
- Please note that veterans living in our Massachusetts service area will be given first preference, after which playhouses will be assigned in date order. Our Massachusetts Service Area: Ashland, Auburn, Barre, Boylston, Brookfield, Charlton, Douglas, Dudley, East Brookfield, Framingham, Grafton, Holden, Holliston, Hopkinton, Leicester, Marlborough, Millbury, Natick, New Braintree, North Brookfield, Northborough, Northbridge, Oakham, Oxford, Paxton, Rutland, Sherborn, Shrewsbury, Southborough, Southbridge, Spencer, Sturbridge, Sudbury, Sutton, Upton, Uxbridge, Wayland, Webster, West Boylston, West Brookfield, Westborough, and Worcester.
- Must arrive at the agreed upon Operation Playhouse event time of 3:00 PM with your children and family. It is helpful, but not required, for the veteran to wear fatigues. Exact locations vary as to the company or partner that may be sponsoring the playhouse.
- Transporting your playhouse: Please either bring a full-size pick-up truck with a 6-foot bed, a full-size van, or a 5' x 6' or larger trailer. When measuring your vehicle, please take into account wheel wells, bed cover rails and bed liners. Please make sure to remove any accessories that might alter the size of the bed. Habitat staff will assist in loading the playhouse onto the vehicle. The playhouse is approximately 4 feet 3 inches wide x 5 feet 3 inches long x 5 feet tall. The roof is detachable in two sections and fits above the truck wheel wells. Please bring rope or cargo straps to secure your playhouse.
- If you do not have access to the proper size truck or trailer an inexpensive U-Haul rental is another option. Please visit their website for more information > www.uhaul.com
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, the next steps are to complete the Veteran Playhouse Application below.
Thank you for your service! We are honored to give back to the service men and women who have sacrificed so much for our country.
Please note that once a playhouse leaves the site, we cannot be responsible for damage. On behalf of all our staff, volunteers, and partners, we wish you many happy years enjoying your thoughtfully built playhouse!