are you a veteran or a military family that would like to RECEIVE a playhouse through our operation playhouse program? if so, continue reading to learn about the requirements:
- The veteran must have been generally or honorably discharged, or still on active duty.
- You must have at least one child or grandchild between the ages of 2-12.
- You must live in New England. (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont)
- Must arrive at an agreed upon Operation Playhouse event between 3:00 PM and 3:15 PM with your children and family. It is helpful, but not required, for the veteran to wear fatigues.
- You must be willing and able to travel to Massachusetts and able to transport your completed playhouse home. Exact locations vary as to the company or partner that may be sponsoring the playhouse.
- To transport the playhouse, a full-size pick-up truck with a 6-foot bed, a full-size van, or a 4' x 6' or larger trailer with rope or cargo straps is required. Habitat staff will assist in loading the playhouse onto the vehicle. The playhouse is approximately 4.2 feet wide x 5.2 feet long x 5 feet tall. The roof is detachable in two sections and fits above the truck wheel wells.
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, the next steps are to complete the Veteran Playhouse Application below.
Thank you for your service! We are honored to give back to the service men and women who have sacrificed so much for our country.
Please note that once a playhouse leaves the site, we cannot be responsible for damage. On behalf of all our staff, volunteers, and partners, we wish you many happy years enjoying your thoughtfully built playhouse!