OPERATION PLAYHOUSE BUILD-A-THON
Multiple sponsors come together at one site to build their own playhouse for the children of a veteran families!
2020 OPERATION PLAYHOUSE BUILD-A-THONS
Due to health and safety issues in regards to the Coronavirus crisis, our Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon events scheduled for June 13, 2020, June 26, 2020 & July 24, 2020 have been cancelled. Our tentative plans are to reschedule the Operation Playhouse event to a Fall 2020 or Spring/Summer 2021 date; however,we are watching the state’s guidelines and directives in order to determine the date.
- MetroWest Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon on June 13th: CANCELLED – New Date TBD
- 1st Greater Worcester Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon on June 26th: CANCELLED – New Date TBD
- 2nd Greater Worcester Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon on July 24th: CANCELLED – New Date TBD
Each of our partners who build a playhouse makes a $3,000 contribution towards our mission to build homes, communities and hope for local families and veterans. The contribution goes towards the purchase of materials and paint for the playhouse, and for staff time.
Operation Playhouse Build-a-Thon
Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon events are where multiple sponsors come together at one site to build their own playhouse for the children of veteran and military families!
- Each Build-A-Thon event takes place in one day, and is hosted from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Each team at the Build-A-Thon will be comprised of 8-12 people.
- Each team will meet the veteran family for whom they built the playhouse at the end of the day in a small celebration.
- A Build-A-Thon is an exciting event to take part in - meet new people and make new friends as you build your playhouse for a veteran family.
Photos to the left are of last year's Build-A-Thon events at MetroFest and Greater Worcester.
A big thank you to our 2019 Greater Worcester Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon Site Sponsor—Mercantile Center!
A big thank you to our 2019 MetroWest and Greater Worcester Operation Playhouse Build-A-Thon Sponsors!