Critical Home Repair
If you are an individual in need of a critical home repair, please fill out the Critical Home Repair Interest Form.
Our Critical Home Repair program is an outreach initiative that seeks to provide a wide range of opportunities for low income homeowners who are veterans, elderly or disabled and are struggling to maintain their homes due to age, disability, or family circumstances. For our elderly partners, this service provides aging in place.
This program allows us to partner with families to help them reclaim their homes with pride and dignity, focusing on exterior home repairs to address health, life and safety/code issues. The program allows families to stay in the home where they live without being disrupted by the uncertainty, trauma, and expense of moving.
Each repair consists of an interior and/or exterior project. This is intended to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues, or code violations. Scope of Work, includes but is not limited to:
- Roof repairs and replacement
- Renovations & upgrades to satisfy handicap accessibility & ADA requirements such as ramps, repairs to outdoor stairs.
- Deck repair or replacement
Like our Home Build projects, critical home repairs are a hand up – not a hand out. Qualifying families who are selected must be:
- Homeowners living within our service area
- Pay for their repairs based on their income
- Living within 30-80% of the median income of their county (Middlesex or Worcester)
- Put in 8 - 40 hours of sweat equity on their repair, or another Habitat project
- Current on their mortgage, property taxes, and insurance
- Willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity - MetroWest/Greater Worcester
After completing the Critical Home Repair Interest Form a staff member will contact you.