At the ReStore
The Habitat for Humanity-MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore is a unique retail outlet that accepts donated goods and sells them at a fraction of regular retail prices. The proceeds from these sales go right back into our home building efforts!
Volunteering at ReStore is a new and unique way to donate your time and put your skills to work providing affordable housing opportunities for families in need. Having retail experience is a plus, but anyone 16 and older is welcome to volunteer. Volunteers are crucial to the success of our ReStore! Read more about our ReStore.
Our ReStore is currently open for sales Wednesday – Saturday from 10am-5pm.
Volunteer Opportunities at the ReStore include:
- Customer Service: Greet customers and help them find their way around the store, answer questions and assist the cashier.
- Donations Assistant: Clean, test, organize, price and prepare donations for sales floor.
- Merchandiser: Responsible for placement of donations on sales floor, creating displays and organizing retail space.
- Merchfixer: Repairs, fixes and reassembles donations, acts as general handyman for the store
- Loading Dock Assistant: Handles incoming donations and outgoing sold items, helps unload truck and makes space on sales floor for incoming donations.
Sign up now:
Group opportunities are also available at ReStore when staffing permits. Groups are crucial in setting up store displays and moving materials as well as assisting customers and occasionally working on construction projects. If you are interested in having your group volunteer at ReStore, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.